After about a year of work, I'm happy to release the final alpha build! Reworks to the core gameplay and graphics took time but are now in a good position to move forward to the beta. The feedback from the last demo was crucial in deciding which parts of the game needed work and which aspects were in a good place. I'm still looking for feedback on the gameplay loop so if you download and play make sure to submit your thoughts here or in-game. Thanks for checking out the game!
- Added film reshoots. Players can reshoot a film with the same "cast".
- Added dogs. Will follow campers around, bark and alert campers to the player's actions. Player can pet doggo.
- Revamped studio / films UI. Added film count to competitor UI
- Controller support
- Added preview when placing or moving cameras
- Costumes can now be dropped, swapped, and deleted.
- All new input system, smoother controls
- Added new building: Large tent
- New settings menu with many new settings such as vSyc, antiAlias
- Cabin lights can now be turned off by the player or vacationers
- Updated visuals for all cameras
- Added Bird's eye cam for top down film shots
- Added automatic zoom for tracking cameras
- Updated visuals for campers and Player
- Updated visuals for trees
- Improved camper AI
- Wander-bot will now return to it's starting position
- Added more particle effects to campfire
- Campers will now leave if there is no bed on the property when they want to sleep
- Added ability to turn off gameplay hints in the settings
- Added film sequels
- Campers now eventually become afraid of locations
- Background trees now span the entire property
- Campers now drive down the road to the player's camp rather than spawn on the property
- Updated build prop UI and icons
- Prop outline while placing contraptions will now change to orange when placing in open areas
- Improved visual feedback for moving inventory
- Improved visual feedback for camper suspicion.
- Increased maximum allowed camper courage
- Increased minimum camper field of vision
- Increased in-game day length
- New UI for starting a new game
- Huge amount of bug fixes and optimizations
Get Dawn Of The Director (Demo)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.